18 August 2022 is the first day students in the UK receive A-Level results based on public examinations since 2019. Following grade inflation in 2020 and 2021, 2022 results are down slightly but still up on 2019. You can find all the results published by London secondary schools in our ranking of 2022 top London schools here.
- 36.4 per cent of A-Levels were awarded an A or A*
- 8570 students scored three A* grades this year, more than half of which are girls
- In London, 39 per cent of exams were given an A/A* making it the second best performing region in the country, just behind the South East which scored 39.5 per cent
- London also saw the biggest improvement in exam grades compared to 2019
- Maths is the most popular A-Level subject, with 95,635 entries. Psychology, Biology, Chemistry and History are also in the top five
- Overall, 329,000 students picked up results on Thursday after taking more than one million A-Levels
- The top ranking school in London based on A-Level results is the King’s Maths School in Lambeth yet again. See all other results for individual schools here.